The Character of the Church: The Character of the Church dispels confusion by describing the five elements of a biblical church. Concise, accessible, and historically informed, it teaches God’s design for church so you know what to look for in one—or even how to lead one.
Readers will not simply be informed, but led to a deeper appreciation of the church of God and its essential marks:
* The Word of God is faithfully preached
* The sacraments are rightly administered
* Leadership is biblically formed and functioning
* Discipline is practiced with grace
* The mission of the church is shared by all
These Truths Alone: 500 years ago the Reformation transformed Europe by the rediscovery of five key Bible truths. Summarized as the Five Solas, they set the church on a renewed path of faithfulness.
1. Sola Scriptura: by Scripture alone
2. Solus Christus: by Christ alone
3. Sola Gratia: by grace alone
4. Sola Fide: by faith alone
5. Soli Deo Gloria: glory to God alone
6. (Summary session)