Truth For Life is an international radio and digital-based Bible-teaching ministry. Each day, a program featuring the teaching of Alistair Begg is produced and distributed widely across the United States, and in Canada, the U.K., New Zealand, Puerto Rico, Thailand, Belize, the British West Indies and on satellite.
Truth For Life teaches the truth of Scripture with uncompromising clarity and applicability to everyday life. The ministry exists to teach the Bible with clarity and relevance so that unbelievers will be converted, believers will be established and local churches will be strengthened.
A 503(C) non-profit organization, Truth For Life employees a team of skilled professionals with broad experience in digital communications, operations management, marketing, project management and audio production.
Encountering a season of exponential growth, Truth For Life is adding experienced professionals to staff and is seeking individuals to fill the following open positions:
The Front-End Developer will report to the Digital Communications Manager and take the lead in vital new web programming projects and support. The successful candidate will have experience with front-end programming and a love for beautiful design and user experience.
Outcomes and Responsibilities
- Develop and maintain a front-end web production cycle
- Maintain and extend the responsive overhaul of current website (launching Sept 2014)
- Take ownership of ongoing front-end updates and maintenance of current site
- Resolve front-end or related customer experience issues within 24-48 hours of identification
- Develop or tweak new designs and output them as quality front-end code/templates
- Develop designs under the direction of TFL's graphic design team, supporting our voice and brand
- Initiate and actively engage at least 3 front-end related topics of ongoing learning (books, courses)
- Assertiveness: knows their todo list intimately and takes initiative to ask “What’s next?” or “How can I help?"
- Integrity: Steadfast commitment to biblical principles for living and working
- Passion: Wholehearted dedication to the mission of Truth For Life
- Passion: Committed to excellent user experience across all major platforms and devices
- Experience: Design experience and familiarity with Adobe suite of tools (Photoshop/Dreamweaver) or equivalent
- Creativity: Ability to provide creative ideas and solutions at the code and interface level as well as high-level marketing and communication
- Judgment/Decision Making: Commitment to data-driven decisions with the help of research, user-testing, and experience
- Strategic skills: Good understanding of marketing, call-to-action, and ROI in terms of how a page or design is developed, etc
- Customer focus: Commitment to superior customer service and expedient customer issue resolution
- Independent: Able to manage multiple tasks and effectively meet deadlines without being closely managed
- Resourceful: Readily adopts new tools and clever approaches to overcome difficulty
- Adaptability: Easily adjusts to new conditions and welcomes challenges as opportunities
- Team player: Willingly and reliably works in cooperation with and support of others
- Innovative: Introduces new ideas and methods to meet new requirements or changing market demand
- Assertiveness: Proactively offers suggestions, opinions, and openly asks questions
- Tenacity: Highly persistent in maintaining or seeking to meet goals/objectives, determined to overcome obstacles