Truth For Life is an international radio and digital-based Bible-teaching ministry that teaches the truth of Scripture with uncompromising clarity and applicability to everyday life. The ministry exists to teach the Bible with clarity and relevance so that unbelievers will be converted, believers will be established and local churches will be strengthened.
A 501(C)3 non-profit organization, Truth For Life employs a team of skilled professionals with broad experience in digital communications, operations management, marketing, project management and audio production.
Encountering a season of exponential growth, Truth For Life is adding experienced professionals to staff and is seeking individuals to fill the following open positions:
The Facility Coordinator reports to the Operations Manager. The facility of Truth For Life is located in the SE Suburbs of Cleveland, OH in the Chagrin Falls/Solon area. The Coordinator will ensure that all facilities, equipment, and grounds are proactively maintained in a clean and functional manner. This position entails responsibility for scheduling maintenance personnel, directing the workflow, coordinating projects and representing the organization as the initial contact with local regulatory agencies. The Coordinator will coordinate with all inter-departments in setting up for all events. As the organization continues to grow and expand, the Coordinator will coordinate with the appropriate “oversight committee” on any and all remodeling and renovation projects. Current facilities include a 25,000 square foot building (building completed in 2016).
The Coordinator will plan and execute all necessary programs to ensure that downtime of equipment/systems is avoided/minimized and the entire facility, inside and out, is presentable and safe for all employees, visitors, and community members.
This position will provide an excellent opportunity and challenge to create and manage new programs for preventative maintenance and training & development of maintenance personnel. The Coordinator will be responsible for leading the entire Truth For Life team into a proactive preventative approach to facilities management.
The facility Coordinator will be a key member of the planning and design team and involved in planning, scheduling, coordinating and integrating any additional construction activities.
The Facility Coordinator must be a believer in Jesus Christ and display a teachable, servant-like attitude. Truth For Life is a growing organization and the Coordinator will need to be flexible and display the proper attitude and be team oriented. The Coordinator will interact with staff, administrators, service contractors, vendors, community members, etc. Every day/week is different.
On-site events are always subject to change, along with the challenge of unplanned events and activities.
The following attributes and competencies must be possessed by the final candidate:
- A believer in Jesus Christ
- Must be an astute strategic thinker with excellent analytical, verbal/written skills.
- Must be able to demonstrate the ability to implement and execute strategic plans.
- Organization of department with foresight and planning.
- Is highly focused with a drive to understand and meet the needs of numerous individuals.
- Displays good judgment in looking past the "process", in order to seize opportunities to achieve improvement.
- Experience in managing a similar scope of facilities and vendors.
- Project management experience and the ability to manage resources, actions, items, and dates.
- Extremely high sense of personal responsibility and integrity.
PRIMARY DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Supervise and direct custodial/housekeeping staff members and outside contractors. Keep buildings clean and well maintained. Inspect restrooms daily, cleaning fixtures, mirrors, door handles, dispenser’s etc. and replenish paper stock.
- Ensure the adequate inventory of cleaning materials and paper supplies. Purchase supplies for all weekly and special events.
- Ensure that parking lots are clean and well maintained. Maintain all exterior lighting and parking lot lights.
- Coordinate the scheduling of facility use and room setup needs. Meet with other staff members to ensure proper set-up and tear down of rooms and other facilities which include all special meetings.
- Schedule personnel to cover all hours that facility is open.
- Develop and maintain a volunteer staff to do light cleaning and dusting weekly.
- Replace all burned out light bulbs as soon as reported.
- Move office furniture and assist in the installation of new equipment.
- Organization and maintenance of all storage areas.
- Under the direction of the Operations Manager secure, negotiate and oversee contracts for cleaning services, all landscaping, snow removal/salting, elevators, fire alarm system, security system, lighting, HVAC, pest control, parking lot maintenance (seal, patch, and striping), irrigation system and fire suppression system.
- Also maintain all equipment used to maintain the building, kitchen (freezer, range, range exhaust system, refrigerators), and any future TFL vehicles.
- Schedule, oversee and coordinate work with outside contractors as necessary.
- Weekly tour facility to identify any repair or maintenance problems. Inspect exterior roof and building exterior monthly for damage or maintenance repairs.
- Monitor utilities and report any problems to Gas or Electric companies. Coordinate Motor Generator testing and schedule preventive maintenance on the unit.
- Act on behalf of Truth For Life as liaison with local police and fire departments.
- Cooperate with the Operations Manager by performing any other duties when asked to do so.
- Work with appropriate government agencies to ensure that the building is safe and meets current code requirements.
- Attend staff meetings and other required TFL meetings.
- Develop and maintain standards for housekeeping and maintenance areas.
- Develop and implement philosophy for outside contract services under the leadership of the Operations Manager.
- Ensure that security system is maintained so that building and grounds are protected from unauthorized visitors. Provide for on-call services.
- Monitor HVAC control system on a computer system with software purchased from Maintenance vendor.
- The hours are generally 8-5 Monday to Friday, with emergency needs during off-hours. On-call availability with regards to fire and security needs.
Are you interested in joining the team? The first step in applying with Truth For Life is completing our Topgrading assessment tool, which gives us a complete picture of your background and experience. The Topgrading tool is located here:
Applicants must complete the Topgrading assessment in order to be considered for this position. The position will remain posted until filled.
Please email any questions to :