The Basics of the Christian Faith is a thirteen-lesson course designed for a leader to guide someone new to Christianity or interested in exploring Christianity through the fundamental beliefs of the Christian faith.
The course pairs in-person discussion and Scripture reading with independent listening to thirteen messages by Alistair Begg that are included on this USB.
How it works:
- The leader and disciple meet weekly in person.
- During each meeting, introductory questions that precede each lesson are discussed, and a Scripture passage is read.
- During the week, each participant listens separately to one of the thirteen messages resident on the USB. (Alternatively, the messages are accessible for free on the Truth For Life mobile app or website.) Each message explains a particular core element of Christianity. While listening, both the leader and disciple answer the lesson’s related questions and take notes.
- After listening, the leader and disciple meet to discuss the message and what was was learned. The leader responds to any outstanding questions the disciple may have. Alistair’s audio messages provide all of the biblical instruction.
- The role of the leader is to serve as a guide, reflect the love of Christ, and answer questions.
This USB also contains two digital study guides, one for the leader and one for the disciple. Each study guide comes in two versions: a printer-friendly version and a version with full-color photography. Both can be downloaded and used digitally.